Pantone Colour of the Year – Living Coral – PR and marketing Checklist…
Pantone have revealed their colour of the year and it is Living Coral
As the skirmish begins to create content around Pantone’s new Colour of the Year, now is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain some powerful free media coverage if you can tie your products, brand or expertise into the Living Coral in some way.
Below is a simple checklist – we have also created it as a trello board you can subscribe to – which will ensure you make the most of this opportunity.
Good luck. Do well. We’ll catch you in the new year.
- Make a list of up to ten of your best-selling products which in some way feature the colour Living Coral or a shade incredibly close to it.
- Create a media release (mailchimp would be a great option) using images, product name and links to the product page of your site.
- Write an brief intro and a headline which includes Living Coral and tie it to your collection, for example: “Pantone CoY Living Coral – Home Accessories”
- Fire it out to your media list
- Post it on your blog – and make Living Coral your focus keyword (easily done if you use WordPress plugin like Yoast)
- Post it across social
- On Insta & Twitter, use the hashtags: #Living Coral #Pantone #Pantonecoy #pantonecoloroftheyear #pantonecolouroftheyear #pantone2019
- Use a tool such as hootsuite to monitor for the terms “#journorequest” or “#Bloggerrequest” and “#LivingCoral” on Twitter, and to respond you can direct people to your posts above.
- Next, create a release with your products which use turquoises, teals and light greys as these are shades which are widely regarded as complimentary to Living Coral
- Create a media release titled: how to accessorise/compliment Pantone CoY and repeat the above.
Also, remember now is the time to write and push opinion and prediction pieces about how to use the Pantone CoY in all walks of life.